Emil Brice has been left confused and doesn’t know whether he’s a Boxing South Africa (BSA) licensee or not after he received confusing messages from the regulator.
According to an email sent to Brice by acting BSA director of operations Mncedisi Ngqumba, the Cape Town-based boxing trainer failed a mandatory assessment test.
But what confuses Brice is that the boxing regulatory body sent a valid 2023/24 trainer’s certificate to him confirming that he is indeed a licensed trainer.
Ink Sport has seen the registration certificate, which says that Brice is registered with BSA as a trainer from 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024.
“I did get confirmation from BSA that I won’t be allowed into the corner because I failed my exams. They said I got below 50 percent something which I didn’t understand. Then my manager called and told me that they did issue me with a certificate. Now I don’t know where I’m standing,” Brice, who trains World Boxing Federay (WBF) junior-lightweight champion Lunga Sitemela, said.
Ink Sport reached out to Ngqumba seeking clarity on the matter. Unfortunately, Ngqumba failed to respond since Friday last week.
I turn not to know what to say provincial manager followed orders from BSA that there must be two ambulance in a fight but he got himself in trouble by a promoter who was forcing to have one ambulance breaking rules from BSA I think promoters must get ready to comply to board ruling