Cindy Nkomo, who resigned as acting Boxing South Africa (BSA) chief executive officer and director of operations, is going to spend two months helping the regulatory body while it searches for her successor.
This was revealed in a BSA statement late on Sunday evening following a board meeting.
A fed-up Nkomo threw in the towel on Thursday following disagreements with some of the BSA board members.
Nkomo whose resignation is effective from 1 January 2022 was appointed acting BSA CEO after Tsholofelo Lejaka’s sudden resignation in August last year.
“Over the next two months, the board together with Ms Nkomo will work on the transition plan. Part of this will be the immediate appointment of the director of operations,” the BSA statement said.
Meanwhile, BSA is still fighting a battle with former CEO Moffat Qithi, who won his unfair dismissal case against the boxing regulatory body.
The Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) ordered BSA to reinstate Qithi and pay him more than R3,9 million in December 2018. But that has never happened as BSA was said to be challenging the ruling at the Labour Court.